Timm Koelln Photography...







For my latest Photography Assignment I finally got to choose a Photographer of my choice to imitate! I set myself the hard task of Timm Koelln - he features heavily in Rouleur and has taken some amazing images. The brief was to do Portraits - so i chose his set titled 'The Peloton' - A series of pictures that started as a one off - but has kept getting better and better. His photos - I presume, where mostly taken after very dirty, dusty and long races like Paris-Roubaix and Tour Of Flanders. I took my camera on my recent Training Camp to France - and shot own Peleton (my team mates/fellow club members) after long rides in the French Countryside. Luckily for the riding side of the camp; the weather and roads where pretty good - with only a touch on rain and one wet ride - this however meant my photos suffered, there definitely wasn't enough dirt. Also I definitely hadn't been riding hard enough - because my team mates dont look nearly tired enough! - Maybe thats another problem with trying to be a Cyclist and Photographer! The rides where we where most tired, I completely forgot about my Camera - and concentrated on Ice Baths and Self-Massages!

Im not happy with the pictures yet - so hopefully will have a round 2 in the near future...



Timm Koelln