Roger's Gloves...



In 2006 the Tour Of Britian finished with an 82km crit, comencing with laps on the mall. My uncle managed to get some special Vip tickets and I made my way down to Central London with my Mum. Aged 11 this was probably one of the things that helped start my love and passion for cycling. Back then I knew very little about Cycling, but part of the Vip deal was behind the scenes access, I had managed to get pretty near to the British National Team and Roger Hammond was right on the edge of their enclosure. One of the lads had crashes and was recieving heavy treatment but I managed to persuade Roger to give me his BC gloves! I rarely where them as them have very minimal padding but thought I would today. The closure strap on them is absolutely rubbish, so I fold over the base and you can see the R (on both sides so doesnt stand for right!) standing for Roger!