Longgg timeee.....


Been a busy couple of weeks; National Champs,Training in Devon, Mayo International Youth Tour - Ireland and lots to come...

Starting with the national championships.

In refelection, I had too leave this post atleast two weeks otherwise my anger would have blast across the blog and ruined everything. I was dissapointed, 10th place was inside what I had said I needed to 'atleast achieve', however ending a racing not only feeling but knowing you could have done so much better is a rubbish feeling, although one you must learn from.

I was told by a friend today, a suprise reader, that it 'gets a bit boring when you describe every corner of the race' and to be fair that is true. So im not sure how im going to explain this...

Nationals are very strange, everyone has their eyes on the jersey, everyone knows the favourites and everyone is scarred of what certain riders can do. The race ended up the same as it had the 4 previous years in a bunch sprint, but for one little detail, it was for 2nd place. With 3 to go Germain Burton son of Maurice Burton, attacked the field and stayed away.

With knowone willing to drag the bunch back onto the leaders wheel the race was lost and I preceded to get blocked in on the inside, 10th wasnt awful but I had hoped for so much more.

On a brighter note I still have next years championshis as a youth, and as one coach said - every other big race in the season.

Chapeua Germain, a National Championship in London, a London winner. I look forward to many a battle in the future (and being team mates in the Tour of West Flanders 5 day stage race in August!)