First week after Christmas...

Its been a really good week since I got back from Morocco. Its been hard, very hard, but really fun, I have been enjoying being back on the bike and pushing myself. Its been cold, especially yesterday and today, but I have been doing some great rides on my own, with clem and with rhys too.

Last Tuesday I spent twelve hours on my home from Morocco, it was very long but was very good to see no snow when I got home! Wednesday was my first ride back and although it really hurt it was great fun, four hours on your own is hard enough normally but this was pretty intense as my first ride back from a big break. Thursday was a three hour, pretty slow, ride with clem, it was great to see him though and getting the miles in my legs was good.

I did two hours on New Years eve and New Years day, the former on my own and on the first day of the year I had a good ride with Rhys, again it was great to catch up and we had plenty to talk about. Yesterday I did the Cycling Club Hackney club run, leaving the ice rink at 10 O'clock for 4 hours, it was great to see everyone and Dave filled me in on something great he has organised. In late January I will be going to the UCL Hospital (doesnt sound great!) to do some testing, they have recently been testing Olympic Athletes so will be a great experience and I will gain some valuable data. We will be doing Cardio testing, VO2 max stuff and also testing lactate thresholds, this will allow me to train much more precisely using Heart Rate in the future. Its really great and I must say a huge thank you to Dave!

Today was another three and a half hour ride with Clem, we also stopped by to see Rhys race at Hog Hill, on the way home it started snowing! Im going to have an easy ish day tomorrow, I have lots of work to do, applying for sixth forms and some pre going back to school homework. Although I will still make the most of my last day of school, have a feeling I will end up in the gym and maybe do a short roller session, we shall see...