Langst De Vaart

After a long journey using almost all modes of transport (Car, Ferry, Train and Bike) I got home from Belgium late last night. I will write more about that in a full report hopefully tonight or tomorrow, when I have some pictures of the trip. Today was a recovery ride/easy day, doing 3 hours with my brother Bede at a pretty constant pace. We rode 'langst de vaart', meaning along the canal in flemish. Although the towpaths of Britain and slightly different to their Belgian counterparts, made up of grit rather than tarmac, it was still really relaxing to get in a nice ride away from cars. We joined the path in Springfield Park, Upper Clapton and rode the Canal all the way to Gunpowder Park, before taking the roads to the hills of High Beech and its adjacent lanes. After a few hill reps and some nice riding we stopped for a spot of Ginger Cake before mounting back up too ride home. With a headwind home Bede was starting to tire a little however after a quick puncture change we where soon departing the canal for home. I rode my Fixed gear and Bede was on his beloved Condor Italia, they are pretty mucky so its time to go clean. Up next pictures (and a report) of my rides on the flemish cobbles..!