Testing...




These are two videos from arguably the two biggest wheel brands in cycling, one American, one French, Zipp and Mavic. Its this type of thing, alongside the actual racing and riding, that excites me so much about the journey through the ranks of Cycling, hopefully to the top. It would be very rare for a brand to hand something to a young rider to test, as apposed to an older more experienced rider, however I look out for every opportunity and grasp it with open hands to test anything. I love the idea of recon rides, especially for the cobbled classics and high mountains of the tour. Riding the cobbled climbs really showed me how important it is to know every nook and cranny on the narrow Belgian lanes! The OCD style scrutiny of each tyre pressure in correspondence to the weather conditions really appeals to me. Getting every little bit out of your equipment and pushing the boundaries to develop new ideas and ways of thinking in which to develop the sport.