Christmas Break

As usual its been a little too long since I last sat down to generate something for the blog. Ive been on school holidays since the 16th of December, spending the first week in Wales, followed by some festive goings on, both taking in lots (and lots) of riding.

The training camp in Wales went very well, with my first experience of the longer distances for the Junior Individual and Team Pursuits, and some good track time under my belt. As usual I enjoyed the Team Pursuit work more than anything else, however the bunch racing with some of the academy (u23) boys was also brilliant, despite being super fast at times. My track legs are defiantly still under construction for 2012, but that was expected. Coming in to the camp with some good blocks of training imminently prior was always going to lead to a mixed bag, however I am generally happy and reassured with the areas I really need to build on and improve in order to deliver a successful 2012.

I also received my first ODP Pinarello track bike, that I would have loved to post a photo of, however its stored up at the Velodrome in Wales, rather than having to bear the nightmareish (at times) train journey home.

On the subject of bikes, I have recently taken delivery of my 2012 Condor Cycles Leggero Road bike, it looks absolutely amazing and I'm very eager to get it on the road, I am sure its going to fly. I still have some slight adjustments to do on the position, however once I have completed the changes, you can be sure to catch some pictures on here.

I am currently in the middle of a pretty heavy week of training, getting in some good miles whilst I can. Also mixing in some Biology revision for my AS exam in January, and looking forward to celebrating the start of 2012 tomorrow night, fingers crossed for a big year.

Late happy Christmas and an early happy new year!