My first race is scheduled in just under three months time. The first few races will mainly be about adjusting to the Junior (Under 18) Category with the longer races on the road that come with this step up. However my competitive nature will ensure I look to achieve something out of every race, gain from every moment in the saddle. With this relatively short time period in mind, its fantastic that my 2012 race kit is all coming together. First of the new (ish) introductions...


For 2012 I have teamed up with Madison.co.uk (long time sponsors of Rapha Condor Sharp) and will be sporting the absolutely fantastic Giro Factor shoes. Last season my Factors where red, however this year sees a switch to silver and white, matching seamlessly with the new helmet (more on that later) and complimenting any kit simultaneously. It's really great to be able to use the same shoes consistently, as they are, along with the saddle, the key contact areas with the bike. It is no use having a fantastic bike that fits perfectly, if these two key areas are not correct. The Giro shoes feature custom arch support as standard and this makes a surprisingly big difference, especially for example at higher cadences on the track or rollers. I really could go on about the stiffness and quality of these shoes for hours.

A completely new addition to the arsenal is the Giro Aeon, a relatively new lid that found its way into the Pro Peloton on the heads of riders such as David Millar and Alberto Contador in latter part of last season. It combines the exceptional air flow of the Ionos (that I wore last season) with the superlight qualities of the Prolight both fantastic helmets in their own right. I am really excited about wearing the Aeon next year, hopefully its going to help me fly up hills and over cobbles all season.

Giro Aeon Helmet ‐ Medium
Giro Factor Road Shoes ‐ Size 46


Keep your eyes peeled... Early next week I will be unveiling my new 2012 setup courtesy of Condor Cycles. I hear it's looking MIGHTY FINE. I am super excited.