Catch up...

Its been a while since I last blogged, I was sitting by the pool in Tenerife, living the dream in twenty four degree sunshine, resting up from a hard day in the saddle. Far removed, I am now sat at a desk in London inbetween assignments for my AS levels. So to round up the last few very busy weeks...

Tenerife was absolutely brilliant, we got some very good riding in the legs, with plenty of climbing to enjoy. We took a fair few rides up to the crest of the Volcano and took in some amazing sights along the way. All in all it was a brilliant training camp, milking the sun for all its worth and topping up the tan lines. Whilst it is reasonably touristy (mainly over the age of 60!) we found it a really great place to ride, once you no the roads, and others obviously agree as we saw a few Pro riders whilst out there. The trip wasnt without incident, with Jon breaking a wheel mid ride and far from home (my GCSE spanish kicked into gear), myself taking a tumble on a descent but 'luckily' landing upsidedown in a bush just off the road and Andy getting awfully sunburnt arms (feel sorry for him as he was very sorry for himself!)

After two days back at school I was straight off to Newport (Wales) for my next ODP training camp. In stark contrast to the last weeks exertions in Tenerife, we spent most of our time going eyeballs out around the track. However we did manage to ride some of the Tour of Wales course, most noticiably the notorious 'Tumble' climb that I enjoyed stretching my climbing legs on. The camp to put it into words, was stupidly hard, however im sure we will all reap the benefits come time to race.

Since coming home I have also been to watch the Track World Cup at the Olympic Velodrome. It was a great experience watching the best in the world ride the Team Pursuit up close and also listening to my coach Matt commentating! This weekened I have my first race of the season, the Junior UCI Kuurne-Brussels-Kuurne. Its a 200 rider field, taking in 8 belgian bergs so should be a laugh! I cant wait...